Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cookie Fest 2010 - Part I

Every year I make dozens of cookies to give to my family and friends, and this year will be no different. Cookie Fest 2010 will begin next week! I have a couple of days off to prepare and will probably bake the day before Christmas Eve. I've already stocked up on basic ingredients, so I'm good to go there. I need to get nuts, dried fruit, trail mix, jam, chips and baking squares and I should be finished.

I also buy Christmas themed tins in the weeks following Christmas. They are usually marked down anywhere from $.50-.75 so I stock up for the following year. Cupcake liners or parchment paper keep them from getting broken or sticking together.

Here is the preliminary list:
  • Chocolate chip
  • Mixed nut with white chocolate chip
  • Trail mix
  • Black Forest crinkle (these are my little brother's favorites!)
  • Chocolate with peanut butter chips
  • Spritz cookies with colored sugar
  • Turtle brownies
  • Linzer star tarts
  • Cinnamon roll coins
In looking at this list, I believe I will need more butter! I probably won't make all of these, but I like to be a slightly ambitious with my list so I don't forget anyone.

What are your favorite cookies for holiday baking?

This is my go-to cookie recipe book.

The Ultimate Cookie Book (Better Homes & Gardens Cooking)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...