Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How to be a better blogger

In addition to revamping my eating and exercise habits, I've also decided to become a better blogger. I've been reading up on the topic, and there appears to be a wealth of advice available.

The first thing I have to do is decide what I want from this blog. Do I want to retain this as a personal blog to strut and stroke my vanity while feeding the voyueristic tendencies of blog readers or do I try to take this to another level and become a semi-professional blogger? There are pros and cons to each scenario. If I keep this as only a personal blog, I can pretend that no one reads it and write about things that interest me. I can also post when I feel like it and not be under any pressure to post on a schedule.

If I decide to take this to the next level and become a semi-professional blogger, I have to really step up my game, figure out what the hot blog topics are every day and post on a regular schedule. It would also mean figuring out how to attract more readers and turn this into a revenue stream. Is that really what I want to do? If I decide to write on a schedule and really put some time into my posts I would want to compensate myself in some fashion. Hm.

Like most people, I blog for a reason. I enjoy writing, even if I'm not a "professional" writer, and I like to hear what other people think about what I write. It's a form of validation, if you will.

I suppose for now I'll let it ruminate and just keep writing. As always, I'd love to hear your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...