Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What to do with a gray suit

If you work in an office you probably have a basic boring suit lying around in your closet. I do, but mine is more of a beige than gray. When you look at it you probably think "This is more of a uniform than a fashion statement."

The March issue of Lucky has a feature with 26 basic pieces of clothing, called "90 days of Outfits" with pictures of all the pieces and ways to combine the pieces for work and weekend. I took it a bit further and decided to break it down by the gray suit pieces and cut the outfits out that I liked and could wear to work. I was going to attempt to make a set at Polyvore, but I couldn't find the feature on luckymag.com, so I did the next best thing: I used scissors and glue dots to make a scrapbook-esque collection.

Everything you see here is found somewhere in the March 2011 issue of Lucky. All images are the property of Lucky and I make no claim to them whatsoever. This is merely an arts and crafts project that I'll store in my fashion file for later reference. (I also have a shitload of scrapbooking supplies that I need to use.)

I have many similar pieces to those in the 26 piece collection they featured. A lot of of it was pretty bland, and I like a little pop of color with gray and beige. Some of the shoes were also not to my liking, but that's ok too.

I hope to do more of these in the future, and maybe even try on some of the outfits I come up with based on the gray suit. I have a hard time photographing myself... I really hope you enjoy this, and I really hope Lucky continues to offer features like this. It really inspired me to get in my closet and see what I can create with my existing wardrobe!

What to do with a gray suit Section 1 The Jacket


The Skirt Options

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...