Monday, March 28, 2011

Being a better blogger, Round 2

In an earlier post, I posed the question: "What do I really want from this blog?"

I guess the real question is, what do my readers want from this blog? In figuring out which direction to take this site, I realized that blogging is pointless if no one reads and responds to what I write. Even if I post for my own enjoyment, I will get bored with this project quickly if I don't get some sort of feedback. Looking at my tracking stats just isn't the same as having comments from real live people.

So, if you were to become a loyal reader of Modern Country Mom, what sort of topics would you like to see posted? What are you yearning to discuss with other people with similar lives? What will keep you coming back to read more? Would you like to see Modern Country Mom become a resource for other families, or just remain an outlet for pleasure reading? I would really like to know!

I think the first step in the right direction was putting together a discussion forum. Although membership is a bit thin, I have a feeling that will change over time. Having a forum to bounce ideas off of and pull hot topics from would be a great way to interest my readers.

I think the next step will be having a guest blogger from time to time for a different perspective. In fact, if you would like to be a guest blogger, just drop me a line and I'll consider it.

Other ideas I'm tossing around include a resources section, local news, events, and a few other things I haven't formalized yet. What I really need right now is feedback from you. I would appreciate any comments. If you don't want to publish them here, please send me an e-mail. Can't wait to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...