Monday, May 23, 2011

Fun with makeup

Even though I don't wear makeup every day - and don't wear much on the days I do - I still enjoy playing with makeup and trying out new looks. I'm also an Avon Independent Representative! I'm hoping to put together a series of before and after shots of me and possibly makeovers of other people as time goes on.

I'm not a professional makeup artist, but I have been honing my skills by practicing and watching videos from Makeup Geek, Lisa Eldridge and Nicola and Samantha at pixiwoo. I favor a more natural look, so MUG wears more makeup than I'm comfortable wearing on a daily basis. However, her techniques are great and she's gorgeous. Lisa, Nicola and Samantha are equally gorgeous and have lovely accents, so they are fun to listen to as well as watch. They also offer a lot of every day looks, which is what I'm going for. Each of them are fabulous and have something different to offer, so I recommend checking them all out if you have time. I warn you: the videos are addictive!

I'm in the process of building my makeup stash, trying out new things and figuring out what I don't like. I have pretty impressive wish lists at Avon, e.l.f., Sephora, Stila and Ulta. These are all things to be wished and saved for after some necessities and bills are paid, so I do with what I have for now.

Here's what is in my makeup drawer as of today:

Moisturizers, Anti-aging, Primers

mark Matte Chance Mattifying Lotion
mark Need a Shrink? Pore Minimizing Lotion
Avon ANEW Platinum Serum
Avon ANEW 24 Hour Eye Moisturizer SPF 25
Olay Definity Corrective Protecting Lotion SPF 15
Olay Total Effects Eye Transforming Cream


Foundations, Concealers, Powders

Avon Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation in Light Beige
Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Loose Powder in Translucent Medium
Avon Healthy Makeup Liquid Foundation in Creamy Natural
Covergirl NatureLuxe Liquid Silk Foundation with SPF 10 Sunscreen in 315-Bamboo
Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes in Buff
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup SPF 17 in C-1 Alabaster and C-3 Creamy Natural


Blush, Bronzer

Avon Smooth Minerals Blush in Blushed Rose
Avon True Color Blush in Earthen Rose (Great for bronzing too!)












L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Blush in Rosy Outlook
Physician's Formula Pearls of Perfection Multi-Colored Bronzer in Light



Eyeshadow, Eyeliner, Mascara


Avon12-in-1 Eyeshadow Palette












Avon 8-in-1 Eyeshadow Palettes in Neutral Tones and Water Colors
Arbonne Charming Eye Shadow in Fate (single/refill)
Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal (single/refill)
Avon Healthy Makeup Eyeshadow in Tiger's Eye - discontinued
L'oreal On The Loose Shimmering Powder in Hyper Space (burnished gold) - I can't find this. It must have been a limited run or discontinued product.
Avon Ultra Luxury Liner in Eggplant, Midnight Blue and Black
Avon Dual Ended Eyeliner in Black-White - discontinued
Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds in Emerald Glow
Almay Intense I-Color Eyeliner in Raisin Quartz
Revlon Luxurious Color Eyelinerin Very Violet (blending tip on one end)
Covergirl Brow & Eye Makers Brow Shaper & Eyeliner Pencilsin Midnight Black
Rimmel Special Eyes Precision Eye Liner Pencilin Hurricane Grey
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencilin Jet Black, Pure White and Silver
Covergirl Lash Blast Mega Volume Mascara
in Black
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Soft Black
Avon Wash Off Waterproof in Black


Lipstick, Lip gloss, Lip ointments

Avon Smooth Minerals Lipstick in Rumberry, Island Pearl and Gilded Rose
Neutrogena Moistureshine Soothing in Shimmering Blush (I think that's what it says. I needed a microscope to read it)
Cover Girl Lipslicks in Daring
Avon Glazewear lip gloss in Clear, Tickled Pink, Brown Sugar and Intense Plum
Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Treatment

I think I got it all! I'm not even going to list my brushes because I don't have "named" or numbered brushes and some I've bought or made from artist paint brushes over the years.

Because this turned out much longer than I expected, I'm going to continue in another post. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I don't wear much makeup anymore, but it's always fun to learn a new trick or two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...