Tuesday, May 31, 2011

This week's reading

I recently started reading the Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin. I also started watching the HBO series after I read the first book, because I usually like reading the books before watching a TV or movie adaptation. I'm now on book three, A Storm of Swords

 Rather than purchase paperbacks, I opted to get the Kindle version for my PC. No, I don't have a Kindle...yet. I also downloaded the Kindle app to Lonnie's Droid X so I can read on the go.

  Kindle 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology

I still want a Kindle someday. As much as I read, I would love being able to take my books everywhere with me and download magazines and newspapers as well. I enjoy magazines, but to me, they are a resource waste. I have several I'm trying to wean myself away from.

I digress. So far, I have really enjoyed the Game of Thrones series. I'm a long-time sci-fi and fantasy fan, so these books are right up my alley. The characters are so interesting. I find myself turning pages so I can find out what happens to one of the Starks or the Lannisters next.

I highly recommend this series if you like period fiction, sci-fi and fantasy. There are dragons, magic (but not overly done) sword fighting, knights and adventure.

I'm also reading various magazines that I have on subscription, which I'm trying to pare down. This week it's Country Living, and I'm waiting on my Lucky and Garden Gate to arrive for June.

Lucky (1-year auto-renewal)  Country Living (1-year auto-renewal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...