Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bathroom makeover project

I've always hated my master bathroom. It looks the same as it did five years ago when I moved in, and I haven't really had the money to redecorate it like I've wanted to.

Here is the before. It's not pretty.


100_3267

View from the door.

100_3268


The double vanity.

100_3269


Behind the door - a single shower stall.

100_3270


What I do like about this bathroom is that it has plenty of storage. None of it is close to the toilet, though.

100_3274


The ugly. The carpet is permanently discolored from a leak we had behind the wall. We had to cut up the wet carpet because it smelled and we had to figure out exactly what was leaking.

100_3273


The leak was coming out of the pipe going into the shower head. It leaked for a while before we figured out where it was coming from. YUCK! We had to rip the wallboard down to fix it.

The punch list:
  • Rip up carpet
  • Remove trim strips and fake wood "molding"
  • Replace wallboard
  • Prime and paint walls
  • Install new flooring
  • Replace lighting
  • Replace/remove or re-frame mirrors
I'm trying to put together a budget, and I know that the vinyl flooring and light fixtures will be the most expensive items. The most important thing is getting the carpet out, but I don't want to paint after the new flooring is in. I also don't want to walk around on OSB for several months, but it's becoming a pretty tempting option right this moment.

Who puts carpet in the damn bathroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...