Friday, August 19, 2011

How to wear a denim shirt

I bought a denim shirt last year at Walmart in the women's department. It's fairly form fitting, has pearl snaps and a vaguely Western influence to it. I've mostly worn it to work outside during the winter, but I'm trying to come up with ways to dress it up a little for casual Fridays and manage not to have a heatstroke. Even in winter a lot of layering is out of the question for me because I just get too hot.

I really like the way it looks and the cut is flattering, AND it was fairly cheap so I want to get some mileage out of it. I won't be wearing it with jeans, so I guess I'm going to dig out some skirts to pair it with this Fall and Winter.

Here are some ideas I've pinned at Pinterest:





As a general rule, I don't wear long sleeve shirts under cardigans or sweaters, even in the winter. It's much too bulky and does nothing for my figure. Did I mention it's also too hot? I may source a sleeveless denim button down shirt for that purpose only.

What say you? I think dressing up my poor neglected denim shirt with skirts, boots and jewelry is the way to go. Otherwise it's just going to be relegated to work wear or the back of the closet, and I'd hate to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...