Sunday, December 16, 2012

Newtown, CT

I don't even know what to say about this tragedy. Nothing I could say would ever be sufficient, but I feel as if something must be said. That the people who lost their lives should be acknowledged.

I haven't felt this affected by something since Katrina hit the coast of my state in 2005. I watched and waited, wondering if everyone I knew there was safe. Prior to that, the events that took place on 9/11/01 shook me to the core.

I cried at work all day Friday. The images of those terrified children being led from the school and the faces of the parents waiting outside the school will haunt me for a long time. My only hope is that the survivors of this horrible tragedy can find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...