Monday, August 31, 2015

I can't believe it's been so long!

Hey there, folks!

If any of you wondered where I've been...well I got lost in the world. Work, parenting a teenager (i.e. driving her across creation because she's in multiple extra-curricular activities and doesn't have a license yet), working the farmer's markets and just life in general. I haven't had much time, nor have I really felt much like blogging. I take really long breaks from this site sometimes.

What has happened in the last year:


  • I grew a ton of flowers, did well at the farmer's markets and considered expanding my cut flower business. That's been tabled for now... 
  • Because I recently got a promotion at work, and I really have so little time to just BE, that it would be too much. 

As much as I want to take the flower business full time, it just isn't a reality right now. Meredith starts college in two years (WHAT?!) and it's an extra expense just cannot justify, especially given the nature of agricultural businesses. I can't take the risk at this point in my life. 

I've just about decided that growing flowers and quilting will have to be retirement projects. I'm 39, so it's going to be a while, and that's okay. I'm trying to enjoy my life as it comes, make the best of it, and try not to lament what I can't do right now. It has not been easy.

As fall approaches, I'm diving into sewing some fall and winter clothes. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to it here, and I'll be blogging any progress I make, of course.

Glad to be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...