Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fall is here and I'm sewing away

I suppose I'm keeping my head in the sand a bit that winter is on the way (WINTER IS COMING!). I am trying to soak up the last rays of warm sun, because winter here means rain. And more rain. Sometimes it turns to ice and snow, but mostly just rain until somewhere around May.  Right now it's cooler and dry. It has been dry for several months, but that's to be expected. It's a very good thing we get rain all winter, because late summer and fall are usually pretty dry.

What I've been up to

I've been sewing. Yes, I have! My first FO is a dress that I absolutely love. I still need to tweak  the bustline of the pattern a bit, but I am happy with the fit. The fact that the pattern came with cup sizes up to D made it much easier to fit. Since I am actually a DDD, it still pulls just a bit.



My favorite part is the pockets!

The fabric is a wool/cotton/spandex herringbone, underlined with a tan poly/spandex fabric. Patterns are Simplicity 1882 and 2648 (skirt and sleeves are from 1882, bodice is from 2648). Since they are from the same line, they melded well. It's warm and comfy.

I have a pair of pants almost finished, I just need to get some help doing a final fitting before I finish them.

For ideas and fabric choices for this challenge, take a look at my Fall 2015 Wardrobe board.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...