Monday, January 30, 2017

Zombie

Here I am, less than a month later after I posted a farewell. I'm back with a fire in my belly I didn't think still existed. I got out in my yard this past weekend, and it was like reuniting with someone I loved for a very long time, but didn't know that I'd missed. I missed it. Terribly.

I let my cut flower business go last year because I wasn't making any money. I didn't intentionally grow anything this year, my beds all grew up with weeds and grass, and I basically just moped the entire year. There was a good reason, but I've come to terms with it, and I'm moving on with my life, finally. Depression sucks, by the way.

I'm not going to talk politics here, but I am going to talk about gardening as a political act, and resistance gardening. Call it victory gardening, if you will.

My plan this year is to grow as much of our food as we can, and preserve the surplus. I may run out of room if I'm not careful.

My list so far:

PLOTs - Potatoes, Lettuce, Onions, Tomatoes
Carrots
Cucumbers
Peppers
Green beans
Sugar snap pods and English peas
Herbs
Blueberries (putting in more plants)
Strawberries (replacing plants that died last year)

Deer season is over, but my husband did manage to get one for the freezer. Fishing is next, and I hope we can replenish our stock in the freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...